Friday, September 23, 2016

Sew Ready to Play: Angry Birds Toss


This year for Sew Ready to Play, I tried to break the mold of what I've done in the past by sewing something that could benefit all of us.


The result was Angry Birds Toss by made modifying the Roly Poly Critters pattern from Swoodson Says. The modifications weren't too tricky because the pattern already came with pattern pieces for other animals.


I just took those pattern pieces and kept a similar scale and just adjusted the shapes so it more closely aligned with angry birds. Then glue on some expressive eye brows and a beak. "Wah-La" you have an Angry Bird.The egg was made using five of the six pattern pieces.

Red took no major modification to the pattern piece, just some killer eyebrows.

To make Bomb, I took my main pattern piece and put it in my copier and changed the scale to 150%. I made copies from the top and bottom and taped the enlarged pieces together.

For Chuck I only used three of the six pattern pieces so that he was oblong. To make his feathers I simply sewed together three pieces of felt in the shape of his feathers and trimmed off the excess.

I plan to make pigs next, but a hectic week made it hard to finish that as well.

I hope you enjoyed this project almost as much as we did!
Be sure to check out what the other some of the other talented bloggers shared for Sew Ready to Play.

Sept 9th- Liz and LiZ  from Simple Simon and Co
Sept 14th- Stacey from Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts
Sept 16th- Narelle from Threadistry
Sept 19th- Debbie from A Quilter’s Table
Sept 21st- Louise from I’m Feelin’ Crafty
Sept 26th- Michelle from Factotum of Arts
Sept 28th- Ashley and Emily from Frances Suzanne
Sept 30th- The Recap!

With Love,
Al

Here's a line-up of past years of Sew Ready to Play projects.

Hopscotch Skirt 2015                              Cash Cab Dress 2014                           Hi-Ho Cherry-O Dress 2013

1 comment:

  1. That is such a fun idea! And goodness, your children are growing quickly!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...